This number didn't even include the storage of stuff I have for Kaden and Grant to grow into!! It also didn't include 3 heavy winter jackets!!
Well, 4 didn't even belong to us, 7 didn't fit anymore...(and I wonder why I have so much laundry because they throw them in the hamper after wearing them next to all the other smell clothes so I HAVE to wash them!!)
Only one belonged to Zack, ONE!??!
80% belonged to Grant!!....and uhm DON'T WE LIVE IN ARIZONA???
SO I got creative after I vowed to reorganize the chaos!!
I found some super helpful online lists and took an average of the info given out so here it is!!
I was floored by what I found!!
HOW MANY CLOTHES YOUR SCHOOL AGED KID ACTUALLY NEEDS:
3-4 pairs of jeans or school pants
2-3 pairs of shorts
7-9 school shirts
1-2 pairs dress pants
3-4 dress shirts
1-2 casual dressy outfits
2-3 pajamas
7-9 underwear
1 swim wear (it's AZ, 2 is ok)
7-9 pairs of socks
1-2 belts
1 jacket (light)
1 jacket (heavier, but remember we live in AZ)
1 pair school shoes
1 pair causal shoes or
1 pair of shoes for dirty work
1 pair dress shoes
If your child plays sports or does dance, the clothes they use as uniforms/recital and practice is not included in this list but try and limit it to 1 uniform w/ socks and 1 practice outfit w/ socks. Only one set of shoes for both is needed.
What I've learned!!
--->MORE IS LESS, & Less is MORE!
I am living testament that the more you have the less you can find!!!!!
When the laundry isn't in piles 10 stories high the search for one thing or another is shorter and turn around time for laundry is faster!! When a new shirt is bought an old should go out!!
Having less chores to equals more free time for you!! WHEN you can't find something DON"T you dare go buy more!!! Organize yourself before you become over run, out numbered, and up a creek with out a paddle...
So, how do you measure up?
I think you need to adjust the list for where you live and your needs.
I have like 4 bags going to donation, wow!!! 7 people can sure hold on to a ton of stuff!!
Ps. heres another list just because it helped me:
REMEMBER: toddlers and babies need much more because of spit up, spills and accidents!!!
Toddlers and Pre-schoolers
9-10 everyday outfits
7-9 pairs of socks
7-9 bibs (look for velcro, cloth front, plastic back, long as shirt.)
3-4 dressy church outfits
3-4 casual dressy outfits
3-4 jackets
4-5 warm hats/beanies (for the cold months)
4-5 pajamas
2 pairs play shoes
1 pair dress shoes
1 pair casual nice shoes (optional)
4 comments:
I SEE SOME OF THE TWINS OLD JACKETS IN THAT PILE! Way to go... super MOM!
i have a friend with 8 kids and they each have 1 set of dishes (i cup, plate, bowl and flatwear). they are required to get them into the dishwasher after useing. (1 meal can fill that thing up!) if not, they handwash their own dishes. they have extra for company, but isnt that a simple idea?
It's hard because I want to be frugal not wasteful but boy I needed to draw the line somewhere!! I like the idea of the personal plate, cup, bowl. That sounds like my next undertaking, because after all the food prep, cooking and serving we fill up that dishwasher every meal too!
Thanks for sharing! Will have to remember!
Post a Comment