Sunday, May 04, 2008

I've got some Good news and some bad news...

Football has come to it's end as this next Saturday is the final tournament.

This week Zack was the MVP for sure!
Hanging out at the game: My mom, Ben, Abby, Grant, Tres and Craig.
But this won't be the end of me driving out to this park because the new LDS temple will be literally right across the street!!! This park is the NW corner of Pecos and Greenfield and the new temple will be at the SW corner. Yea, I wondered when Gilbert was going to get it's own temple!
And here I am wielding my instrument of destruction, especially if you happen to be Oleanders!Ladies recite the tomboy women's motto:
"I am not afraid of your manly loud and scary power tools which I may or may not have the upper body strength to use!"
I hate oleanders! When I moved here there were 8 in the front yard!!! Now it's down to 4. They are very difficult to remove because even if you chop them off to ground level they will grow back. You can pour battery acid, bleach and a gallon of salt and guess what they will grow back!!
(Most desert plants are this way too, desert broom, bougainvillea...)
The only sure way to kill 'em is to dig and saw out everything you can. I should know I've killed many in my life time. The two I removed Friday were ones Tres had "chopped down" but just grew back (like I told him they would) except they started growing fungi and that's a last straw for me. They had a death sentence and I was going to carry that out 7 1/2 months pregnant or not.
:)

So after a couple of hours it was finished and I was able to plant some blue Plumbago and purple Mexican heather in their place. Here's a boring picture of it...

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...

behold Planet Roseanne!

Don't believe me? I'll prove it:

1) I live in the valley of the sun & I have hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape.

2) I have MASS!

3) I produce a gravitational attraction (of my three kids and weird strangers...)

4) I have a slow migration and clear the neighborhood around my orbit.

I am actually more fit to be a planet than Pluto (or Xena for that matter but we won't open that scientific bag of worms...)

Go ahead say what you will, but I'm 7 1/2 months prego and I'm only getting bigger!

(Meanwhile one of you ought to look up the term Pyroclastic and Phreatic eruptions, just so you are prepared for my attitude.......)

3 comments:

Melisa said...

Oh you look great! Prego women are suposed to feel a little planatary for a while just so we can appreciate the baby all the more when they get here. Especialy at 12am, 2am, 4 am, & 6 am...... Keep smileing

♥ Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
♥ Natalie said...

Oh My GOSH!!! That was hilarious, Roseanne! You look SO good, but I KNOW how it feels when you are preggo and you DO feel like a planet. I am laughing so hard, but realize that you are awesome that you can be content being preggo - some girls cry and pout when their belly sticks out! You are great.

As for the oleander - thanks for the info on them growing back.... at our home that we are purchasing, there are 3 of those beasts that I am determined to replace. I will have my work cut out for me, I am sure.

~ Natalie