Saturday, May 12, 2007

“There are more tears shed at the MTC than any cemetery I know.”

I just went through an emotional nightmare! It's called giving up your brother, sister and a friend all at once for more than a year and a half!! I set myself up for hurt as I became a member of the "Temple Junkies". Ammon (Jacob's best friend), Jacob, and Bonnie would kidnap me or Trisha on a daily basis to go to the temple ever since the mission calls came. I have had so much fun I forgot they were leaving. Even as they were set apart to be full time missionaries it wasn't real.
~The horrible ordeal starts with US airways cancelling my tickets. The comfirmation number they gave me was at night from a woman in Manilla who wrote down my credit card # wrong and never told me if it went through. When I called back to see why they were cancelled they said it was my fault and that a "confirmation # was not in fact a confirmation". I joked that it should be called a "kinda maybe you might get on the plane #" instead. I had to pay $100 dollars more but they did give me a discount. Moral : NEVER set up a plane ticket with someone who doesn't speak Engilsh as a first language!!!!
Any hoo, we got up at 4am and went to the airport. Bonnie, Jacob, Ammon, Dad, Mom and I all boarded the short flight to Utah. It was still not real because we talked and had fun all the way till Sage picked us up and we were driving to the MTC.

We got out the luggage and walked them inside, took photos and sat down for a administrator's talk. Then it was time for goodbye's. NOOOO!! I liken it unto a funeral because everyone was weeping and finding it hard to say good bye. We made sure we gave Ammon a hug or two since his family couldn't be there. But Bonnie is my right hand man, my bestest pal!! How will I survive? But it was over, and we left. I knew she was in good hands and doing the Lord's work.
As we got into the Armada to leave, Sage lovingly reminded us to cheer up because “It’s not like they are dead”. We had a good laugh over that.

We then went to lunch at Subway.
Then that night we took Grandpa Service out to a really ritzy place called Rodizio’s.

For $23 dollars a plate we had all you can eat! They just come by second after second letting you have a slice off their meat secures after you had already filled up on all the amazing salad bar stuff. Every thing was there, from top sirloin to pot roast to roasted pineapple. I will have dreams about this place.


Then we toured up just north of the temple at the “avenues” where Grandpa Service grew up. As we were driving he said “That’s the old farts home.” ,as he pointed to a grave. It was his father’s grave. Most of the family didn't know where this was because he had committed suicide and Grandpa wouldn't much speak of it. So we took a pict.
Then Mom, Sage and I went to see temple square.
Check out the awesome pict of the top of the conference center. WOW! It was so fun!!
Also the pict of the old tabernacle.
Craig and Grandma Donna or "gramzilla" as she likes to be called, were baptized there. We eventually rode the rails back. Sage was so awesome for doing all of this for us, she is the BEST!!

The next day after Sage dropped us off at the airport GUESS WHAT!!!!
No purse, no ID!!!
I had left it at Sage’s house. What a humiliating experience! They let me have a ticket anyways (as Steve was hurriedly trying to bring me it before the plane left.) He made it just in time BUT I didn't realize that with out the Id I got the "special high security check you over and then some" ticket!!
Wasn’t that fun! They made you step into a booth and shot air at you, & up your shirt, then opened up my smelly bag of clothes and wiped down everything with 5 or 6 swabs that they put into a high tech machine. We got to the terminal just as they were nearly done boarding.
Nightmare!!! But all's well that ends well, I’d say. Or do I,

The next day I locked my keys in the car at the post office dropping of 3 packages for them!!!

No comments: