Tuesday, May 16, 2006

~*~SEW SILLY~*~



Here is Abby with her new hair cut she got last week. It's been growing out ever since she tried to give her self a mullet right before Tyler's wedding. It was the first time she had ever been to a barber shop and she was a perfect angel. We had a talk afterwards about who is allowed to cut her hair. I said "Can you take scissors and cut your hair?" She said, "Nooo, only Jaime." (That was the name of the girl at Fantastic Sams.) She's too darn smart. The former scalper in training has changed her ways and will hopefully never do it again. Especially, after we talked about how scissors can make you bleed. She took that very seriously. When I use them now while sewing she gets very concerned and asks if I'm getting "bleedy yet". This sparked another talk about how only mommies can use scissors and they won't bleed, just then I poked my finger on a pin and did bleed. Abigail was concerned and asked if it hurt but felt like this proved that she was right all along. Oh, well.

Anyways, I just taught my very first sewing class at my house last week. It was a how to make a rag quilt and we had a lot of fun. I used a pattern off of a blanket Natalie made for Abigail. I was making 2 quilts one fore Kristina and one for Holly. But now to hear that Kristina will name her baby Jeremiah and Holly is having a girl I want to do 2 more quilts. I want to do a frog one for Kristina, as "Jeremiah was a bullfrog" and a totally girlie pink one for Holly. It works out good because more people want to have me do the class again because that a missed it and want an evening time.
Also, the chicks are growing fast. Here is a photo of the dog and chick playing around. Soon this hen will be bigger than Corny!!
Here is Zack and Kristina's oldest, Brandon. They came over and spent the day with us. Zack and Brandon played till Zack was so exhausted he fell asleep. That's what I call a fun day. Kristina is due 2 days before Abigail's birthday ( Abby will be 3 Aug 9th). She is obviously "nesting" and offered to help me clean my kitchen as the next day was the sewing class. As she was helping me mop, she took out one of the over head plastics covering the kitchen lights. I died laughing while she frantically dodged the pieces falling down around her. It's nice to know that some things never change. I'll probably have Kristina there at my dyeing breath making me laugh right into my grave. That's just how life should be according to me...

No comments: