Wednesday, March 15, 2006

forever friends


I'm just giggling to myself right now. It's late and I have the giggles so since I'm here might as well write. I just got off the phone with Kristina. We've been best friends since aug of 89. We were talking about good times, like when she tied me up, put sucker gel on my face and let her 3 poodles have at me. How about the time when he brother would answer the phone, "Hello Mormon Church, Chicken sacrifice at noon" then hang up on me. There was the time that during a sleepover I woke up to find her poodle had birthed her pupies all over, under, in, out, and all around me. Who could forget the time in jr high when we went camping and we'd pretended to be twins dressing exactly the same all to see if a news crew capturing sceenery picts would put us on the news. We were such dorks!
Right now she's home taking it easy. She's pregnant and nearly died last month over it. She had 2 blood clots in her leg and doctors told her to abort or she could die. She's a Christian so she told them to go pound sand. Her brother died last year of the very same thing. With out warning a blot clot hit his lungs and he was dead before his k9 patrol car ever crashed. The coroner 6months later finally presented the family with the findings that this was a hereditary problem for them. The threat is very real. They've had it hard in thier family as her mom has had major health problems also and may have only 5 or 6 years left maybe less! Yet I seem that through it all her family has become closer.
Zack said he would pray for Kristina every night. (he's so cute!) She was confident that the doctors were wrong. So far they have been. I can't really imagine life with out her. She cant die because we made a pact that who ever died first would visit the other and tell the other what church was true. (I don't need any aparations waking me up at night to tell me what I already know! j/k)
Any way, we all have our faults, our ups, downs and everything inbetween but, our friendship has withstood the test of time ( even harsh honesty and fights). I'll always be her friend. I am greatful to know that as much as I forgive her and look past her faults she will do the same for me just as much. I wish everyone was like that.
Well, just thinking about the time when she depantsed me in front of her older brother as I was a freshman in highschool makes me think she owe's me big time. ....that is till I remember that I broke her arm as I bounced her while she was tring to show me a trick on the trampoline (and then didn't really believe her when she layed there in pain) .....Hmmm...
Were even!

No comments: