Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Family moments and temple square

Here is a pict of 3 of 5 of mom n dads kids,
thier wives and posterity as well as dads older brother and his wife.

dad and his brother, in opposite order.

Dad is so funny! The last time he took a picture with this exact stone he was leaning on it...in Scottland! He thought we should recreate the moment! "What ere thou art act well thy part".

M waits for no one, climbed right up before we knew it so she could put her 2 cents in.

This was a breath taking painting of Christ. It really touched me, so I guess I need to go hunt it down and buy it.
 The old tabernacle that dad was baptised in and tells us so each and every trip!
hahaha Dad, just messin with ya!!


My M loved the visitors center but was getting tired so right after this pict I had to take her outside.
 We sat outside and talked about how much I love her but if she acts out we can't go inside. Right then a mommy and her baby quail came out to do the same. I was able to point out how mommy's keep the babies safe just like me with her. It was soo tender.

It's so hard to get a family pict! This is the best we could do! Just look how big Z is getting!
Story time:
The fun part of this day was when a random stranger came up and wanted to walk and talk with me back to the car when I was going back to get M's shoes by myself. He looked me in the eye and told me I had Ephesians 6:11 on me. It was clear that he was a Christian trying to save the Mormons (while smoking a cigarette in thier face) but for some reason felt to be nice to me. He asked me why no one wants to hear the good words he had to say so I was honest and said  they are probably afraid to talk about that with a total stranger worried they could get mugged or something. He understood and wasn't offended and told me he was an honest man who has never stole in his life. We smiled and chatted. He walked me almost to my car and then left me with a thanks. I was so thankful for this amicable exchange. It reminded me to look beyond exteriors and always be my very best self.

No comments: