Monday, August 09, 2010

Does anybody know a good tooth fairy?

So there once there was this kid who wiggled his tooth to death then, something magical-ish happened.. His mommy took a paper towel and said, "let me see how loose it is?"...then pop! Out it came! Then the very next day the whole process was repeated, exactly!
2 teeth to pay for...pay up tooth fairy!! I can't believe it! He was soo happy about it, you should have seen his face the second his first one came out, it was delight, terror and proud all rolled into one: Anyhoo... Z is going to Legacy Traditional and they allow 6th grade to participate in Jr high sports!! YEA! This week is the sports clinic for Flag Football!! (Z is the one in the blue shirt and grey pants)
He was doing great but the little kids were not liking the 2 hour clinic so we went for a drive....
This is the back portion of the new school, it's looking great and it's huge! Then I hear something right behind me...I turn around and see this:
A bull with a calf,
he snorted angry-ish-ly and this was as close as I wanted to be to him and the rickety fence!!
Thankfully he was smaller than the once my Uncle Kevin (mom's bro.) almost literally ran into while doing some sweet motorcycle moves on the track in Utah!!
That could have really bankrupted the tooth fairy!!
(and that Ain't no bull! *wink*)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Random story: when I was a kid I loved the tooth fairy. Maybe too much, because I tried to apply the concept to more than teeth. Once I dropped a cast iron pan on my big toe and it totally killed the toenail and the whole thing fell off after a week or so. GROSS! Lucky for me it grew back. lol. Anyway, I decided that if teeth deserved a quarter, a toenail (which hurt WAY more, btw) deserved similar respect. I left that toenail under my pillow for like a week, all the while pleading my case that there really should be a toenail fairy. My mom, probably rightly, decided she didn't want to encourage the loss of toenails for monetary gain. What's next after all, selling your kidney????? I was so pissed. Anyway, hopefully he got something good for those teeth. Kids that age have limited income opportunities. And money makes the whole experience less traumatic for sure.