Sunday, July 04, 2010

Making the best of the 4th!

So I woke up today with a terrible headache. It felt like a belt was tied around my forehead. No fun.
Thankfully the evening got much better. Jacob and Ashley (his girlfriend) came by to hang out with us and also brought Ben along with them.
The kids all watched the huge 4th of July fireworks at Schepf Farms from our bedroom.
We are lucky to live so close!
Then we played Apples to Apples...and boy did that get hilarious fast.
I won one round simply because I used the family secret win card: Chamel- lemons!!
(aka:chameleons...set by Ben a while back when he couldn't read it correctly)
Ashley was my stiff competition. Sadly she won, but it's because I recently had brain surgery...(oh yes, I'm going to milk it for all it's worth!)


Things got really funny when Zack had "technological"...he turned down cell phones, toasters and online shopping for FLY_FISHING! ????
Then it became clear when he said he saw that the fly fishing belonged to Ashley...that no good cheater!!!
I also had a good laugh When Jacob asked for "Puffy" and Gab just happened to have the Puff Daddy card. Tres once asked for "Haunting" and high school bathroom won hands down.
The Gut Buster was the very last round.
Tres had the word "Sultry".
Jacob says "Oh I got a good one, you'll know it's mine when you see it!"
The card Tres reads next was "My Boss!"
-->It wasn't from Jacob but it sure looked like it was!!!
Oh man did we die with laughter!!! Ashley said she was starting to feel threatened. (Tres is Jacob's boss in case you didn't know.)
So all in all a way fun fourth, even if my head feels like it's in a vise. I have another appointment in August with the surgeons. I keep seeing that black circle you see when you push on your eye, except I'm not pushing on my eye!! If my eye doesn't go back into it's normal position I might have to have a surgery to lift it into the right spot. I'm hoping it will do it on it's own!! I still have no feeling the eye lid and surrounding areas so maybe when those nerves regrow (which I was told they can) then maybe this will all resolve. Here's to hoping! Hope you all had a fun fourth!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, you look gorgeous again, and it has only been a few days. So that is a good thing! I had a headache randomly yesterday and slept through the fireworks by accident. I am sorry to hear you are still having lingering issues. Time should take care of it all!

Jaclyn said...

Glad you were able to have some fun!! Hope things continue to go better for you!