Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Name Game!


Ok were not exactly doing all the banana fanna foe fanna song but were have been trying like mad to come up with some names that roll easily off the tongue. We got it down to names like: Jade, Trinity, Destiny, Savannah, Cheyenne, but nothing seem to fit.

Holly pulled out her giant name binder while we were at her house on Easter and we came upon the name Liberty.

Tres REALLLY liked it and so did a few of his siblings but I was like "Hello, Libby? No." (Plus Liberty Service sounds like a debt consolidation service to me, that or Mom 'n Dad's jeep...)



So, On the way home I was brainstorming for something better than that....

So I said randomly "Hey Abigail, what are we gonna name this baby?" She said without hesitation, "Her name is Melody Rose Service."

I was astonished to say we all really liked that. Tres turned to me and said, "Did Abigail just name our baby?" I was still puzzled and said, "I think she did!"

Weird.
We've sat on it and I think it's a keeper. But I think her actual name will be Melody Ruth because Abigail's middle name is Rose. Ruth is the middle name of both our Grandmas.
Now, I know Melody Service sounds like a piano lesson place but I am D-O-N-E, done with all the waa over our last name being a noun/verb/adjective/idiom.


~Grant Service sounds like a professional grant writing foundation, Tres Service sounds like a restaurant or a landscaping company, Zack Service sounds like a gas station, and Ila Service sounds like some wacky acronym for a club like, International Language Arts. (At least these are what people tell us out there in this big world.


In fact the only thing that bothered me about Melody was that I had originally said firmly to Tres, "No M names, we already have too many M names!" (Maya, McKenna, McKenzie, Michelle) So Tres had himself a good laugh over that!


Liberty fans should know that I liked the name, just not enough to name my daughter it.


But Liberty is up for grabs if there are any takers! FEEL FREE.
Who knows I may change my mind about Melody once the buyers remorse kicks in...
{*sigh*}
but in the immortal words of Bobby Brown, "It's my prerogative."

6 comments:

sageluv said...

I LOVE THAT NAME!!!
What does the initials for Alisha Sage Service take you to Rosie? I can't even cash a check at my OWN bank without a business account!!

jdb in AZ said...

I really like Melody too. I went to the family calendar file which has an alphabetical event list and counted 10 names that start with "M". (Don't forget Melisa, Michaeline, two Matt's, Mark, Marilyn, and Mandy.)

Then I counted all the "C" names and came up with 17. There's 11 "J" names, and 10 "K" names, 9 "S" names, and 12 "T" names. Lotsa letters in a large family, so don't worry about adding one more "M".

Jaclyn said...

I think Melody is a very cute name! And, I totally understand about the whole "service thing". With a name like "gale" I usually get phrases like "look what the gale brought in" when entering a room. :)

Unknown said...

I love it!
and it sounds kinda close to the way we got Nikki's name (out of the blue) but I only had three weeks left!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty name. You crack me up with the service stuff. As long as you don't rhyme the first name with the last, I think you are ok. For instance, stay away from Jervis Service. That would just be mean!

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

LOVE IT! McKenzie calls her LEMONDAE MElody, thats what Ariel the mermaid names her daughter in the 3rd Little Mermaid! Melody! and Kinz LOVES that name! HOW perfect! YEAHAHAHA!