Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pine Wood, Personalities, and Pranks

So...
I'm known for the antics of my silly kids.
For example at the Neely Carnival (mentioned a few entries below) I ran into Zack's old 2nd grade teacher, who introduces me to her daughter and says to her "this is Zack's mom, from last year, ya know the poetry winner...." If you don't remember the poem it was "A soldier goes to war, leaving home and family, blood sheds on them." You get the picture.
People can just associate us with oddness...
Well Grant was up to some new antics of his own.
Did you know you can get stalactites in your home?

Well, It's easy!

Just have your 2 year old panic about his "wiping after pooing" problem and then "wallah!" You get home made stalactites that will rival any you've recently seen in a cave...... (just incase you have no clue what I'm saying here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalactite)

He really found a creative way to hide the "Poo problem" but hello Am I razin' monkeys here? (You be the judge of that... At least it was in the play room.....)

Well then at church on Sunday we had to keep the legacy of oddness going I guess & so as the sacrament is being passed, here is the play for play dialog:


Abigail:

(to the deacon w/ bread) "no thanks"


Me:

Abby, we take the bread to remember Jesus."


Abby:

I'm remembering him with my gum.


Tres:

But the bread is blessed.


Abby:

I blessed my gum.


Grant:

Mom, you have huge boobs.


Me:

We don't say things like that.


Grant:

They're the baby's boobs.


Me:

Please don't talk about that!


Grant:

I have to go PEE!


Me:

(Leaning over) Tres, can we just leave now.


Never a dull moment, embarrassing yes, dull no.

Now we are on to Zack. For pine wood derby he had a million of great ideas that we researched together online for what he could make. I'll give you one guess with what he decided to go with..... If you need more than one guess you don't know Zack!


Ok I guess you do... it's an Army Tank named "The destroyer!"

It's being held to the trophy by a rubber band since the derby isn't until tonight. Tres made each kid their own trophy stand this year.
People just shake their heads at me.... yeah just like you did right now. I do not encourage this whole "Army obsession". It's just a phase, right..... like the dinosaur phase, right..... Please, just say I'm right....


Ok one last funny story for the road.
I was pretty sick, I had popcorn and a soda at the Dr. Seuss movie "Horton hears a who" (BTW was Too cute!) and it like made my hands and feet swell up and I felt like crud. So as I'm laying down at home Zack comes in and tells Tres that he found a tick on Corny.

The next day I find out what really happened....


Tres goes and gets the tweezers while Zack is holding Corn. Corn yelped every now and then but was really patient and Tres tried all his techniques of yank, twist, and squeeze to pop off this tick. As this is going on he finds it peculiar there are 5 more ticks on both sides of his belly all in a row....
Yes, Yes, Tres my loving husband was not yanking off a tick but giving corny the worst titty twister - purple nurple in the free world! It was indeed just a boob! Poor Corn!!!!
I can't leave them alone for 5 minutes! Heaven forbid I have a sick day!! Can you imagine what was going through Corn's mind? He's like "Gee I hope they know what they're doing..."
Tres kept saying "Why didn't he just bite me? I wouldn't have been mad, I would have deserved it." Well Tres, it's because the dog has the patience of Job!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my Laghing SO HARD Tres hats off to you. Man I miss hanging out Roseanne, I hope you are doing well aside from the ceiling decor.....

SHERI said...

Oh my goodness-that is hilarious! I can tell I am going to REALLY enjoy reading your blog! I am so glad you found mine!

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

I was laughing so hard jake had to come read, and all day he has been quoting the kids "man you have huge boobs" hahaha

Trisha & Robert Wright said...

Robert & I have been laughing about this for a good 5 minutes now that he's home from school to read it. I asked him what he would do if our kid threw poop on the ceiling. He said "I just hope we are living in a home with out a popcorn ceiling". Can you just imagine that? GROSS! Anyhow, I can't believe Corn took that lying down! Robert was surprised to learn that male dogs have nipples. (Never had a pet growing up.)
Trisha

ba and the boys said...

ok-the poop and the church talk made me CRY! your kids ROCK!

Melisa said...

All I can say is that my sides hurt from laughing, and that I'm glad I'm not the only one with POOP problems!

jdb in AZ said...

That stalactite on your family room ceiling gives new meaning to the term "sh__ hitting the fan."

The Donald made me say that.