Friday, February 29, 2008

Can you say trauma?


Let me tell you about TRAUMA!
A few weeks ago we went on an eventful trip to Utah where the cold snow and a ding in our windshield culminated into a ginormous crack in the windshield. So we promptly had it replace once we got back home. Ever since then if we drove on the freeway we could hear and audible swooshing of air coming from somewhere. Hmmm


So today I planned a 'detailed declutterizing' for my car. Clean it up, vacuum, scrub, the whole nine yards. I had just picked up the next door little preschooler for our preschool and decided that taking her, Abby and Grant to the car wash would be an eventful little field trip...


I hadn't shut the door very tight after picking her up. So as we roll into the automated car wash, where you put your car in neutral and just let it push you through, Suddenly water starts gushing in from Grants door that I hadn't fully shut And from the windshield directly above the driver side. Soapy water was flooding in through a 5 inch long gap in the seal.

*~The car was full of screaming people.~*

Grant was slightly wet and I was drenched as I tried to save all the electrical equipment.


Better yet the glass company want us to prove it was them. They magically don't remember us...


The saving grace: I dried off quickly in our 80 degree weather and no electrical was harmed. Note to me: Just don't make a left turn till all the water in the steering column dries out...wet legs occur...

2 comments:

ba and the boys said...

they dont remember you, huh? i bet they remember the check that cleared...

Melisa said...

Wow you have more fun than a bucket of monkeys at your place, meybe we should stop by some time.