Monday, June 18, 2007

Newest Letters

Jacob's letter: Pict: Lots of rain in New Orleans...

Hello everyone. I love you all and i want to tell you all something...I'm Preg...never mind. So yes i got the cookies a while ago sorry for forgetting to write thankyou. I..I mean we ate them up quite quickly. I dont care if i get fat (wink to bonnie) you guys can send me all the goodies you want to :-). Thankyou Mom and Dad for that Aliean tool kit; it has come very in handy (something weird with that grammer). Yeah practically 1/2 of the people are on S.S.I. checks but that's ok we'll convert em and the church down here has a calling to help people find jobs. It was raining Tigers and Wolves down here (ya know bigger than cats and dogs...hehe...I'll shutup now) a few minutes ago and that was fun. I dont know but I think my place is more humid than yours bonnie, but I'm sure Ecyclopedia Roseanne could settle this debate right? Speaking of Ecyclopedia Roseanne, I CAN see that mess of freeway outside of my apartment but it's far enough away not to bother us. Also I HAVE gone over the Missississippi River like 10 times already. That is so much water it's just crazy. Some parts are truly a mile wide.I BAPTIZED FRANTZY D-------!!!!!!!!!! that was so awsome!!! I baptized him on the 16th and Elder Reese confirmed him on the 17th. We have so many people comited to baptizm right now it's just amazing. It is true Bonnie, the Lord truly helps those that are obediant and work hard.(so it's a good thing my companion does all the work..Just Kidding Mom). Well i might use the SanTan card today..i might not.. we'll see. Down here if you get 7 baptizms in a month you go out to eat with the President so we're shooting for that and more.
Gotta go bye-Elder Colvin
ps please write lots of letters everyone!
Bonnie's letter:
Hi everyone,Yes it is raining like crazy today,,,we can hardly drive. So, how are you all! Mom that phone bill shouldn't have been that much! Guess what I talked to an alligator catcher yesterday and he had one on ice in the back of his truck....so I asked if I could see it and he said yes. Well...it was Freaky!! Alligators are much scarier in person!! It was huge and it was stinky(like a fish) and I touched it. It was really hard. I hope never meet one....that is alive. I've also seen a lot of roadkill...etc. armadillo.I've also been introduced to collards...hmm...interesting. Collards and Macaroni are a staple. Also, I've killed a lot of bugs....Also, is it more humid here? or in New orleans? find out roseanne. Also, ... thanks roseanne for being faithful in sending me mail!So anyways congratulations Jacob!! I'm glad the work is going strong there! We were just excited because we got the S------- to come to church on sunday!!! That is such a wonderful feeling. We've been teaching them since we arrived and they are praying about a baptismal date. So we don't have any "lined-up" yet, but everything is wonderful. What a glorious calling!!! The hardest thing here is that everyone clings to what their preacher says. And, everyone has been "saved". I've gotten a lot of anti, but it is nothing. To be able just to feel the spirit in a parking lot is a power and a priviledge which I have not even begun to understand. The spirit is there and available at all times, in all things, and in all places. And, God puts the people in our path that he has been preparing. I know this is true and that it is real. I've been able to say things. and know things that I could not normally say or know. I've seen people, who have never before felt that warm spirit in this life, I've seen their countenance change. I have seen it and I know that it is real. I know. I have witnessed it.
You know what is interesting; I am covered in bug bites.....and the reason that is interesting is because as soon as Sis. Chapman and I are relating the first vision or bearing our testimonies, I get Atacked!! ..(i'm serious I have been a bug feast...my feet are swollen!)
Well I love you all and await your letters. They might move us in with members in August...I heard they're going to try and do that for all missions in north america. Everyone, work hard to share the gospel with at least one person this week...come on don't be a wimp.
Love, Bonnie Pict:Bonnie's Apartments

1 comment:

roseanne said...

By the way Bonnie's average humidity in Moblie is 87% in the am and 61% in the pm
Jacob's is 87% am and 65%pm So Jacob has 4% more humidity yearly at night but basically these 2 share the exact same suffering.