Sunday, March 25, 2007

Arm Pit Camping....



Ok, so we went camping in the Pinal Mountains which is just south of Globe. Now I know you are asking yourself if I am correct but I assure you there is actually a camp grounds with pine trees just 7 miles south of the "arm pit of Arizona" as Trisha calls it. It takes just 2 hours from the time you leave home till you arrive a beautiful kempt camp grounds with potty amenities. I should have known how this trip was going to go when corny puked in my crotch right before my grandma's house. She help clean me up and and gave me my grandpa's sweat pants to wear.

When we finally arrived, we set up camp and dad got out his homemade wood gassifier.
Then the rain came. Then the tent leaked. Then I was peed on. Then the nightmares came. Abby fell asleep on me and peed my pants for me. Tres rescued me bonnie and Abby as he bare foot set up a dry place for us in our suburban. It was so dang cold! Bonnie's joints hurt so bad she dreamed she was dying and planning her funeral. I had "angry guts" so I graphically dreamed that an eel swam up my rear and caused havoc. I was very sick. Grant had "dieing rear-a" as well. I tried to keep everyone laughing as I was sick by telling them the "eel" was coming as I dashed off to the potty. Bonnie and I woke up 7 times and every time we announced with great pain "When will this night of evil end!?" But it did end and Tres went into town to get a few tarps and cots. Bonnie, Gab, Me, Zack, Corn, and mom all went on a hike for a cub scout requirement for Zack. The end of the hike was a gorgeous view as fog touched the tip of mountains and you could see for miles. (Pict of us on the hike.)

On the way we found man made dens. Here is Zack in one.



It started to hail as I changed a Grant diaper. His nudies were pelted.

The next night was for the CRITTERS!

First the skunk, he got caught in the canopy/porch of our tent and started to panic when Tres came out to see what all the noise was. Thankfully he freed himself and no one was sprayed. 20 minutes later something was in the garbage. Tres came back in and told me it was a lemur!

I assured him he was crazy. Then it came back so I went out bravely into the thick fog to confront the beast. It was the very rare Coati (said quatie) the relative of the raccoon. My camera was almost sent to the gassifier because it refused to take the picture. All I got was a picture later of Corny chasing him off. "Zaboomafoo" as we called him caused havoc all night long. We found all our stuff dragged all over kingdom come in the morning. We also found half chewed play dough up in a tree. (We thought we had really cleaned up thoroughly before going to bed but WRONG!) Here is a pict of a coati ours was beige instead of red.Before we left the camp we really felt like we had experienced a tiny ounce of what the early saints had to face. I truly can't believe we stuck it out. Thursday Friday Saturday, 3 days of sickness, cold, hiking, rain, hail, critters and puke and pee.

Before we left I set up a treasure hunt for the 3 teams; Bonnie & Abby, Ben & Jacob, Goose & Zack. They each had a map to find 4 leaf clovers that would lead to the pot of gold that belong to the leprechaun Patty. Patty O' Furniture that is. Yes I know I'm a dork. Here's a pict of the winners.

Then of coarse we could leave with out someone putting out the fire and as you can see Jacob was equal to the task.















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roseanne I FREAKING knew you did that. you were so disappointed that you couldn't get a pic of Tres wizzing so you got me a cosulation. AHHHHHH!
_jacob

roseanne said...

Ha ha! If you KNEW then why did ya do it...HMMMM food for thought!