
Do you ever have those days when you are getting into bed and think "How in the heck did I survive?" Today was such a day for me. I've been trying to be "really clean" these 2 weeks before the wedding because it's a good habit to start and everyone and their dog just drops by unannounced (which is a good thing provided I've cleaned up). It's been a huge part of me becoming better and each year I get progressively more streamlined and more efficient at it. Well, I've really been doing well. (Yea for me!)
BUT today was the real test!
Abigail is also potty training. We both had aprayer together that she'd be able to do this on her own and as silly as it may sounds really gave her more desire to do it. She is doing remarkably well but as usual has had a few accidents. Like today....
I found her in the bathroom with the dog. Corny was lovingly cleaning up the mess for me with his tongue and Abby was trying but only succeeded in getting brown on just about everything. As I proceed to save the situation, in cruises Grant. He really wants to innocently touch everything. I grab him and the dog and put them in the front room, out of harm's way. As I'm cleaning, I hear a weird noise and go back out to see the dog barf and grant bee lining it towards it. So I shove the dog out in the front yard and shut the door and scoop up grant. I finally clean up both messes, let the puppy back in the house and end with both kids in the tub.
Then Tres calls.
We both forgot we were feeding the missionaries today! Tres ordered pizza because it had been awhile since the guys had eaten some and I made some oatmeal cookies that were done just in time. It was Elder Watts second to the last day of his mission we will miss him!
Please remember:
This is in no way a typical day, just so you know. Normally everyday has a fairly smooth running routine. But this is the great part, at the end of the day I'm holding Grant and the dog and rocking them in the rocking chair. I'm looking at my clean house, and I laugh to myself and say "what a great life I have!" Let the children's "chips" fall where they may, 'cause at the end of the day I can say "I made it!" (Especially after I went 1 mile jogging then 1 mile roller bladeing... whew!)
Any ways, Elder Watts before he left today related one of his favorite scriptures found in Helaman which is a huge personal fav. of mine and fits today like a tee!

Hel. 5: 12 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

No matter what happens you can be happy because you are built upon a rock and that’s what gives you happiness and it's all that really matters. Going to bed with a smile and thankful heart is all I want. I'm not saying I'm a saint but I'm so grateful to have that everyday.
*That, and a sense of humor doesn't hurt!*
Love, Roseanne
No comments:
Post a Comment